Friday, July 27, 2007

Hobo Code

Days have been jam packed with rafting, hiking, programming, video editing, eating ice cream cones, and other good stuff. I've made some great changes to Hobo2.0Lifestyle.com to go along with the latest episode here in Jackson Hole.

For you web nerds out there, it's been a dive into php and the Google Map API to get it where it is now, but the results are great. Each episode now has a whole experience, not just the video. Now it's all on one page, a big map showing markers of where I've been on the trip with all my photos geotagged (pinpointed in the exact location they were taken) right on the map, and of course the video that pops up right on the same page. It took some figuring out to get it how I wanted it, but good times are rolling now.

So what's next? A couple more weeks in Jackson Hole, a visitor to look forward to, progress with MoBubble (another site I'm working on, details coming later next month), and some traveling ahead of me. I'm trying to get to Vegas in mid-late august, anyone think they can get me a ride? I'll be in Wyoming and Montana a bit, and I can always catch part of a ride east bound if it means landing in a spot where someone can head back west towards Vegas. In September I'm going to Sacramento. That's the story so far.

No comments: